RainSoft water treatment delivers safe, clean water right to your tap, but in the event of a disaster you may not have access to your RainSoft treated water. To help manage water use during a disaster follow these tips from Ready.gov.
- Allow people to drink according to their needs. Many people need even more than the average of one gallon per day.
- Never ration drinking water unless ordered to do so by authorities.Drink the amount you need today and try to find more for tomorrow.
- Drink water that you know is not contaminated first. If necessary, suspicious water, such as cloudy water from regular faucets or water from streams or ponds, can be used after it has been treated.
- Do not drink carbonated beverages instead of drinking water.Carbonated beverages do not meet drinking-water requirements.
- Turn off the main water valves. You will need to protect the water sources already in your home from contamination if you hear reports of broken water or sewage lines or if local officials advise you of a problem.